In my practice, I believe in working with and honoring the whole person. Affirmative therapy is an approach to therapy that embraces a competent and positive view of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and more self-defining identities (LGBTQIA+)* and relationships, and addresses the negative influences that homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism have on the lives of LGBTQIA+ clients. This work provides the opportunity to gain awareness, strengthen your ability to deal with challenges, and discover new ways of being in the world.
Our community can be a hurtful and marginalizing place, especially for those questioning or affirming their gender and sexual identity. To feel you exist outside of the community’s assumed binary can be difficult to face alone. I strive to create a safe space for you to be and continue to become, so whether you are exploring your identity, in the process of transitioning, or you are a parent who seeks a safe space for you and/or your child, I am here to support your process.
Some of the areas in which I provide psychotherapy and resource support include, but are not limited to:
- Diverse gender identities, including transgender, nonbinary, bi-gender, gender fluid, genderqueer, two spirit, and other identities
- Helping adolescents (and clients of all ages) explore their gender identity and provide support and education for their families
- Diverse sexualities and their expression; consensual sexual behaviors, including but not limited to kink and polyamory
- Coming out
- Resource support for the process of gender transitioning and medical care**
* Click HERE to learn more about the “+” in LGBTQIA+
** I provide GRS/SRS assessments and WPATH SOC8 standardized letters for those seeking gender affirming medical procedures. Please contact me for more information.
Why Pronouns matter: Click here to learn more
Let’s see if we’re a good fit with a Free Phone Consultation